Today I'd to do something a bit new and different, which will become a regular thing in coming months. I'm going to start doing a State of the Site update. In the past I only did these when there were server moves, or when I was begging for money to keep the site online. I don't have bad news this time (Despite the acronym of the title being S-O-S), and I will try not to drag on for tooooooooooooooo long.
First up, financially everything is great. Seriously joining up with Olympus Games and integrating with ModDrop was the best choice I ever made. I've spent the past 18 months doing more for the site than I probably have since Torchlight 2 came out in 2012.
- Depending on where you are browsing or subscribed you should be seeing semi-regular Mod Spotlights in our Twitter and Facebook feeds, as well as in the ModDrop Twitter and Facebook feeds. I've also set up a sub-forum on this site for Spotlights as well!
- I'm in the ModDrop Discord and the technically Official Runic Games Discord, helping people who wander in and talking to old community friends and modders.
- I recently went in and updated some of our largest mods with the most recent copies from their external sources. The reasons these mods moved away was due to former limitations we had on upload sizes, but now you can get them in their most recent glory once again.
- Otherwise I've been free to work on other ModDrop-related projects behind the scenes. Not having to maintain the entire server on my own is so liberating!
Here are some mod-related news points as well:
- I'm looking for volunteers to help organize some very old Fate mods that were rescued back in the day. If you're interested, hit me up on any social media platform, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sadly, Hob modding never took off. As such, I believe I'll remove the menu item soon.
- If you are a modder who has uploaded mods to RGF, there is a system in place to go into ModDrop after making an account for yourself and claiming your mods from the site (The option asks you to connect by entering your RGF login information). I recommend you do that, and e-mails will be going out in the near future to remind modders of this.
In other news, while it's still so hard for my brain to comprehend that Runic Games was shut down (after all, I'm still here with the same group of people), I'm happy to report that many former Runic Games employees have gone on to amazing new jobs at some insanely popular game companies around the world! We've got several of them followed from our twitter account, if you want to go say hi for yourself.
That's it for this month! See you again in June!