Announcement: I sold out! Seriously though, for several years now we've been barely hanging in there, with fundraisers and donations and an ever dwindling supply of advertising money, and after the hassle of shipping things for the last one I was debating on whether or not to shut the site down. The an old acquaintance of mine got in contact with me, with a proposition. He has a company that develops software related to gaming and mods, and needed more mods and someone to partner up with. In exchange for changing ownership of the site, we no longer need advertisements or fundraisers or anything to keep the site online, plus there are now other people in charge of the most annoying things, like keeping the server functional. Don't worry though, I'm still going to be administrating for at least another year, in which time we'll hopefully move from our outdated vBulletin installation to something fancy and new an custom in the future.
TLDR: RGF has a new owner that is keeping the site online without any ads or restrictions, so you get what you want and I no longer have to worry about paying for things.
That said, here's a list of the changes that have been made so far, with more potentially being on the way:
- ModDrop is our new mod manager. It's still in "beta" but it's much more advanced and supports more games than HotSpot ever did. Also, HotSpot was taken down some time ago due to Google thinking it was a security risk and flagging the site for a few days.
- URLs sitewide have changed, though the old URLs should redirect to the new. This is for SEO goodness as well as for easier integration into ModDrop in the future.
- Torchlight 1 mods have now all been integrated into the same database that Torchlight 2 uses, and as such there have been some re-organizing and category changes made to keep things clearly separated.
- The website theme has had some smaller updates, mainly to the downloads sections. Go take a look!
- The forums have been pruned of several no longer needed sub-forums.
- Did I mention we're on a brand new server?
As usual, if you find anything broken, or messed up, or that looks weird, e-mail me at email@example.com or leave a comment here. There's also the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.