If you have LAO 2.0 already installed, recommend starting a new game for the Chaos Edition. *If you switch mods, you will lose all your items (unless you install them both at the same time, run the game, then close it, then turn off LAO 2.0 on the next startup)
- Converted all the level 95 Unique items to level 100
- Due to a game breaking conflict with Synergies, the drop system has been altered. Legendary Drops are no longer handled by spawnclasses.
- Change the rarity of LAO Legendary items from 0 to 75 so they now drop in the same way as LAO Unique items, just not as often.
- Fixed some Ember Jewel Affixes that were accidentally changed
- Had to rework *armor affixes for the enchanters
- Nerfed the 2 hand bonuses that spawn on every two hand item. *However, you can still get them to previous levels by enchanting them. *The bonuses will be a free enchant and *will get enchanted every time from the town enchanters. *They became too powerful after you enchanted your item previously.
- Fixed some item level issues on a few items
- Fixed a few affixes that were not adjusted correctly
- Fixed the icon for the Ordinary Blade
- Adjusted the +Physical Damage affixes. *They were originally adjusted too low and resulted in underwhelming bonuses
- Took Cannon and Rifles off the affixes for some ranged bonuses, they only apply to pistols, bows, crossbows and wands
- Took Tags and Studs off the affixes that gave Stats and Charge bonuses, they do not apply to pets
- Adjusted the shock percentage chance on some affixes, they were erroneously way to high
- Fixed a bunch of broken affixes, not sure what happened but they are no longer broken!
- Some affixes were showing up as 0 at low levels. Adjusted those affixes and now they will not show up until item level 25. *Those affixes were unable to go less than 1 and were showing up as 0.
- Reworked a lot of affixes for balancing purposes
- Adjusted the min damage so it is higher on 2 hand weapons. *The gap between the min and max was too high resulting in weaker 2 handed weapons than intended.
- Adjusted the 2h Axe min and max up a bit (damage is = to the average damage between the min and max of the other two handed melee weapons)
- Reduced the spawn rate of the Undead and Fiend sets slightly. *They are spawning to often.
- Added around 150 reworked affixes from Waybacks Affix Expansion
- Tweaked a few affixes for balancing purposes
- Fixed the 2 piece set 5% Strength bonus for the Armory of Archfiends Set
- Fixed a bug where a proc skill changed the Berserker's Skill Shatter Storm to Shatter Strike. The skill is now back to normal.
- Fixed a misspelled sword name (Srange to Strange)
- Fixed the Min spawn level for Nethergun of Erebus. It was able to spawn at level 1.
- Fixed Nethergun of Erebus name color, it was black.
- Fixed various affix bonuses that were spawning at 0 or really low (still a few I haven't found yet)
- Fixed the items that were showing the Silence Effect as their icons.
- fixed an issue where 2 handed green and blue weapons would all be "fiery" but without any fiery affix
Introducing the Chaos Edition of LAO 2.0
Every item from LAO 2.0 has been stripped of any pre set affix bonuses. By doing so, every item will now spawn random affixes.*
This has been done for three reasons.*
1. It's fun *
2. To help balance out 1 hand vs 2 hand weapons*
3. To lessen the amount of affixes spawning on items compared to LAO 2.0 (a nerf so to speak)*
By taking off all the pre-set affixes it will be much easier to control what spawns on an item and by how much. In vanilla TL2, 1 hand weapons have a distinct advantage over 2 hand weapons by being able to have more affixes and more sockets. That is no longer the case.
- Adds more than 15,000 items*
- Legendary items now drop more often from bosses, chests, champions, and secret rooms*
- All item affixes have been rebalanced, now scale to item level*
- Includes Waybacks affix expansion, reworked to scale with item level (not complete)*
- There are now 1 hand weapon, 2 hand weapon and chest armor specific affixes*
- 2 hand weapons can spawn twice as many affixes as 1 hand weapons*
- 2 hand melee weapons now do 30% more damage*
- 2 hand ranged weapons now do 40% more damage*
- Chest peices now spawn twice as many affixes as other armor pieces*
- Every Blue item has a Yellow version (Ultra Rare), most have been renamed (by Wayback)*
- Every Yellow item has a level 100 version*
- Every Unique item has a level 95 version*
- Every Unique item has a Legendary version*
- Every Legendary item has a level 105 version*
- Includes all of Torchlight I weapons*
- Adds a new jewel called an Ember Jewel (spawns lots of differnt random bonuses)*
- Spell scroll drops have been adjusted so you will see more variety*
Item Tier Description - Each tier does more damage and offers more armor than the last: set items have the same damage/armor as their non set versions, the color is just to help identify set items more clearly on the drop*
White = Normal Item*
Green = Enchanted Item*
Blue = Rare Item*
Fuscia = Rare Set Item*
Yellow = Ultra Rare*
Bright Green = Ultra Rare Set Item*
Orange = Unique Item*
Gold = Unique Item Set Item*
Red = Legendary*
Light Purple = Legendary Set Item