This is the comments thread for a news post. You can view it in its original form by clicking here!
In the first of several updates we have coming out of PAX, Jerich has brought us a full set of screenshots (taken by his iPhone) of every skill currently in Torchlight 2, including information on the skill tiers! Honestly, they are amazing - SO much better than the versions of the skills we saw during the beta. Here are a few thoughts after glancing through them:
- The Outlander and Engineer classes are definitely the summon classes, although they have so many other potential builds you can't label them as just summoners.
- A lot of skills gain simple tier upgrades, like increased range or effect duration, but some have multiple changes as you level up the skills.
- The skill trees feel much more thematic than Torchlight 1, with each tree in the skill screen being rooted around a basic concept.
- Some of the passive skills sound like by the time you finish levelling them up you would be massively powerful.
- Some skills seem less impressive at first glance than if you look at a tree as a whole. For example, Prismatic Bolts (my favorite skill in the beta) only gains damage increases as you level up, but combined with passives and assistance skills it has the potential to do extremely elemental damage and DoT effect damage.
Notice: These skills may be subject to change for balance reasons by release!
The images are quite large, at roughly 2.5 MB per picture The images have all been re-sized for your convenience, and I have no doubt that Omnifas and our other wiki contributors (you can be one too!) will have it transcribed into our wiki ASAP. I'll put an update here when the skill pages are ready. Additionally, we'll have an extended analysis of Build Possibilities coming out from Doom once he can update his article with the latest information.
Once again, a huge thanks should go out to Jerich, who went to PAX and only had time to get us these pictures and answer the community's questions that were submitted... and then promptly stayed up all night transcribing the interviews with the devs. We'll be rolling out more from him in the next few days, but for now, enjoy the Skill previews!
Once again, click here for the photo album!